Personal Data Protection Policy
- Types of Personal Data Collected
In this Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of Personal Data which you may provide us include but is not limited to:
- name, NRIC or other identification number, date of birth, mailing address, contact number(s), photographs or email address;
- your spending or redemption data such as date of purchases, purchase amount, shop name, date of redemption and redemption item(s);
- your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information, and your credit history; and account details and membership details.
- Collection of Personal Data
Generally, Compass One may collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you interact with our customer service officers, including during face-to-face meetings or by way of the telephone;
- when you request that we contact you with regards to your queries, requests or feedback;
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you participate in our marketing or promotional events, market surveys or other initiatives;
- when you submit a job application;
- when you browse our website or use our mobile application; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes set out below.
- Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
In general, Compass One may collect, use and/or disclose personal data for the following purposes:
- to facilitate redemption activities, lucky draws or other contests or activities conducted by Compass One;
- to inform you of Compass One’s promotions and updates;
- to process and respond to your enquiries, feedback, requests, complaints or incident reports;
- to maintain safety and security via surveillance cameras, whereby photographs or video footage may be captured during Compass One’s events or activities
- to facilitate investigations by relevant Authorities or comply with applicable laws;
- to process and administer any insurance claims or payments arising from or in connection with incidents;
- to communicate with you and/or to keep records in connection with a job application and other job opportunities;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements;
- for evaluative purposes as defined under the Act.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Compass One reserves the right to share your personal data as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual. We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement agencies or government representatives, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property or privacy infringement.
In the event that you participate in contests or other promotional events sponsored or organized by third parties, your information may be disclosed to and used by such third parties.
- Keeping Your Personal Data Accurate and Up-to-date
Compass One requests that you ensure that your personal data with us is current, complete and accurate. As such, please inform Compass One of any changes or errors in your personal data by submitting your updated particulars to Compass One via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Policy by emailing email@example.com or by indicating your preference at the Customer Service Counter of Compass One. Where applicable, Compass One will inform you of the likely consequences of such withdrawal. Compass One will cease to collect, use or disclose the personal data upon such withdrawal unless otherwise permitted or required by the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that it may take up to 14 working days for any request for consent withdrawal to be reflected in our system.
- Third-Party Sites
Compass One may from time to time update this Policy to ensure consistency with future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time.
- Contact Us